We would like to share some information you should take into consideration while shopping for inflatables.
Of course, you have seen inflatables. You might think that they’re all the same. Well, they’re not. They might look the same, but surely they are not all made of the same materials and of good quality.
There’s a lot to be researched while looking into buying inflatable products. Very important factors need to be looked into before making a decision on where to buy your units.
Here are some pointers:
1. Where are the inflatables made? This is a question you must ask when calling manufacturers. Believe it or not lots of manufacturers are selling products that are not made in the USA, and actually telling customers that they are located in the US and selling US products. Of course, products not made in the US are cheaper, but price isn’t what counts when it comes to getting units that need to be durable, safe, and last long. Also, there are companies who distribute products for manufacturers. Once again, you have no idea whose products they are distributing. You want to buy from the manufacturer directly and not from the middleman. If a company claims that they do manufacture in the US, ask them if you may visit their facility, take a tour of the manufacturing site and then make your purchase. You may also ask if you can make changes to the units you want to purchase (color, style, etc.) This will give you a better idea if the inflatables are made on site or not. Just to make it crystal clear – Ultimate Jumpers, Inc. manufactures all inflatable products at their Baldwin Park, CA facility. You may visit the facility, have a cup of coffee with the staff and discuss any issues or concerns. We DO NOT import any products from China or anywhere else.
2. Quality – Yes, this is very, very important. You need to know the vinyl that is being used, the stitches, baffles, the netting, etc. You want to make sure that you are getting units that are built with the best quality materials, and built the right way. Just because a certain manufacturer is telling you that their stuff is the best, does not mean that their statement is a fact. Ask on the vinyl type, get a sample, ask questions about the stitches, the netting, the air flow zippers, etc. Just to let you know, we use 18.5 oz vinyl for all of our units. All the stitching throughout the entire unit is done in double or more rows. Every unit is put up and inspected thoroughly to make sure that it meets our quality standards before it is shipped out or picked up. Ultimate Jumpers, Inc. staff strongly believes that quality is a very important component when buying inflatables, more important than the price.
3. How long in business – You want to make sure that the manufacturer that you are dealing with has been around for some time. There are some manufacturers out there that open up, make some money for couple of years and then disappear leaving their customers hanging (so what happens to your warranty when they close their doors?). Ultimate Jumpers, Inc. plans on staying in the inflatable manufacturing business for a very, very long time, so long that even your great grandchildren will be buying inflatables from us. We will honor the warranty that we provide with each any every unit.
4. Warranty – This was mentioned in the paragraph above. It is very important that the inflatables you are planning on purchasing have a warranty. This means that the manufacturer that makes these inflatables is confident about the units that they manufacture. If you buy units that are imported from China or anywhere else, how do you ship it back for repairs and/or how do you even make sure that what you just spent tons of money on even has a manufacturer’s warranty. As a matter of fact, all of our dry units carry a three year warranty with us, and all of our wet units carry a one year warranty with us. In addition to that, we are so confident that our units are made the way they are supposed to be made that we have a simple rule – you bought the units, they were delivered, put them up and inspect them to make sure that you are happy with them, if you are not, you’re not stuck – you have three days to pack them up and ship them back in order to get a full refund. How’s that?
5. Unit construction and safety – There is so much to be said in this next section regarding construction and safety of the units. So much work and effort goes into the making of the inflatable units to make sure that they are safe and made the correct way. If your units are imported from China or anywhere else, how do you make sure that they comply with certain standards? We put up every unit when it’s made and inspect it entirely to make sure that we are happy with it. Just in case it does have any part that needs to be fixed, it goes back into the factory for corrections to be made. Our designers are always working on improvements to make our units more and more appealing and at their safest and best. What’s more important than a child’s safety? Just so that you know – Ultimate Jumpers, Inc. staff always bring their kids to fool around in the factory over the weekends, and of course, all the kids play on the inflatable units. If we feel like our units are safe for our own children, then, you bet, they are safe for all the other children around the world.
Please make sure that whichever manufacturer you are dealing with can answer all of the above questions/concerns. Do not spend money buying from a manufacturer unless you are completely sure that you know what you’re getting. If you have issues that were not covered above, please feel free to give us a call. We will be more than happy to guide you in any way we can and answer any additional questions you might have.