Keeping Kids Safe in Inflatable Jumpers
Inflatable jumpers and bounce houses are a fun way to provide entertainment for kids. In fact, the popularity of inflatable jumpers has steadily grown in recent years. Parents want to provide as much fun as possible at their kids’ parties, to make sure they have an incredible time. But have you really though about the safety of inflatable units? Parents often worry that their kids will get injured while jumping around, which is why keeping kids safe in inflatable jumpers is important.
A recent study shows that in the U.S., approximately 25 kids a day need treatment for injuries related to jumping in bounce houses. This is a pretty big number, considering that injuries can get serious. As inflatable jumpers become more and more popular, the injuries related to jumping around in them will also rise.
This news can cause parents to worry about their kids jumping in inflatables. This is why it is so important to ensure the safety of the kids as they play. Let’s take a look at some important tips to help parents keep jumpers safe and fun for their kids.
- Ensure that kids are not wearing or carrying any objects that can cause potential harm to them and to others as they play. For example, food, drinks, jewelry, sticks, belts, or sharp objects.
- Proper clothing while playing in a jumper is important. The clothing should be comfortable and easy to move around in. For example, stretchy gym pants are recommended over denim jeans.
- Shoes should not be worn in an inflatable jumper. They can cause the jumper to deflate, or cause injury to other kids.
- If socks are worn, they should have treads underneath to prevent slipping and falling.
- Keep kids in the same age group. Toddlers should not be jumping around with big kids to avoid collisions and trampling.
- Always have adult supervision. Make sure someone is watching as the kids play inside and as they climb in and out.
- Avoid setting up jumpers on a windy day. Make sure the jumper is secured and fastened properly.
- Place the jumper away from posts and trees.
- Finally, make sure the jumper is rented from a professional and reliable rental company.
With proper care and preparation, inflatable jumpers can be tons of fun for adults and kids alike. Keeping kids safe in inflatable jumpers is not difficult, but important for peace of mind.